Thursday, June 23, 2011

One Darned Thing After Another

When I’ve published my ebooks, I’ve never set a formal release date.  I’ve just put them out there.  As I worked on the reissue of my next book, A Summer Folly, it occurred to me that a book about summer should be released on the first day of summer.  With that in mind, I set June 21 as the deadline for getting the book out.

It didn’t happen.  The trip to California, complete with broken wrist, shot my schedule to hell.  I will not belabor that point since I’ve already whined about it.  I don’t care what my doctor said.  Typing with a cast on is hard.  Still, I persevered, and managed to finish the book.  I even got components for the cover art done.  After some back and forth, my cover artist came up with something I like and will be using. The result?  A Summer Folly will be published sometime this weekend.

Real life interferes with writing sometimes.  People in your life need you, other tasks demand doing, and your boss actually expects you to get work done.  Writers need to persevere, though.  We can’t wait around for inspiration to strike, or we’ll never get a word down on epaper.  Cast or not, cover problems or not, I kept going.  It’s something all creative people need to do, hard though it may be.  Sometimes, it may be the only bright spot in your life.  After all, if you’re like me, you were born with a burning need to create within you.  Go thou, and do so.

Oh, and the cast comes off in two weeks.  Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment