Sunday, October 3, 2010

Hello to all!

Hey, all.  I've decided to keep this blog in the hopes of keeping up with all my friends, past and present.  I use Facebook, but it's just not enough.  I write long, and a 400+ word entry just doesn't cut it.  I have what I think is a unique point of view on things, and I believe that it's better to laugh at what life throws at you than to cry - at least, in retrospect.  The most interesting thing in life is people, and boy, do I come across them every day.  So this blog, assuming I maintain it, will be about the trials and tribulations of my everyday life.  I hope it will be entertaining.

Actually, I've always thought a blog is a pretty self-centered enterprise.  It assumes people really want to learn about me.  Well, of course you do, or you wouldn't be here.  So, for those of you who might not know, a bit about myself:

I am a single mother of a teenager in high school, which is alternately frustrating and fun.  I work as a librarian in a fairly large metro system, and because of staffing problems I bounce back and forth between 2 branch libraries.  The biggest thing in my life for a long time was my writing; I am a past and future novelist.  Past, because I gave it up in January, 2008, and what a relief that was.  Future, because my creativity is not gone, and when I get over my burnout I fully expect to write again.  I'm bursting at the seams with ideas and characters who are demanding that I tell their stories.  At the moment my life is pretty dull.  I mostly work, read, ignore housework, and hang out with my daughter, not necessarily in that order of importance.  And I sleep, but that's another matter.

One topic I'll be spending time on is life at a library, because things happen there that most people would never expect.  However, I imagine I'll be holding forth on fun with my iphone, excitement that Michelle Kwan is skating again, the joys of Sephora makeup and OPI nail polish, my current reading list and my push to read 150 books this year, and the importance of looking fabulous every day.  (Yeah.  Right).  So fasten your seatbelts and hold onto your hats, because this will be a roller coaster ride.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment